- Every couple wants to remember and thank the people who shared their wedding day with them. While a traditional guest book is still a wonderful way to keep track of the guests that came to your wedding, they can be a bit boring. Why not liven things up a bit, entertain your guests, and give yourselves a unique gift to celebrate your special day?
7 Fun alternatives to a traditional guest book:
1.Marriage advice cards: have your guests write some words of wisdom on custom stationery. Read them with your new spouse on your honeymoon. Create a collage to frame with your favorites, put them in a scrapbook, or even put one piece of advice on your bathroom mirror every week. The possibilities are endless!
2. A Time Capsule: This was such an interesting idea! How awesome would it be for your guests to bring a small memento or write out some questions for you to answer, favorite moments of your day, etc? Plan to open it on your 1st or 5th wedding anniversary!
3. A Canvas: Paint a blank canvas with the color of your choosing (or keep it white). Then provide paint pens in the color of your choice for your guests to sign/write well wishes on. Hang it on your wall with your favorite wedding photos!
4. Guest interviews: Have a designated space where guests can leave you a video message! Tip: If you’re using a videographer, talk to him/her about doing this!
5. Rustic themed pieces: Use wood slices, cork, rocks, etc. for your guests to sign. After your wedding, apply an acrylic sealant and create a shadow box!
6. Photo guest book: Grab an instant photo printing camera (like the Fujifilm Instax, a Polaroid camera, a Kodak Printomatic) and have your guests take a selfie! Leave an album on the table, so they can add it immediately. Grab an album that has a writable note section, and don’t forget lots of extra films!
7. Ceramic piece (plate, décor, etc): Have your guests sign it and display it next to your wedding photos!
Want more great ideas?
Follow us on Pinterest for wedding inspiration!